Hex Tile Wear Parts
Clever protection for your dump bodies
The Schlam Hex Tile is the clever way to protect your valuable Hercules and OEM open-pit dump bodies, so you have less downtime and greater productivity.
Conventional wear plate systems add unwanted weight to your haul trucks reducing payload capacity.
The Schlam Hex Tile, developed by the same people behind the innovative Hercules dump body, is up to 48% lighter than traditional wear plate. Over weeks and months, this adds up to a significant gain in ore carrying capacity.
Designed to be fully customisable
The Schlam Hex Tile is designed to be applied only to the areas that actually need to be protected. While conventional wear plates are generally applied to the entire width of the body, each Schlam Hex Tile is applied using a detailed wear map that determines the exact location and thickness of the protection required. The tiles are then applied in incremental stages to control body weight.
This high level of precision is why the Schlam Hex Tile system is able to ensure your dump bodies maintain their light weight and structural integrity throughout their operating life.
Safer to maintain
Schlam Hex Tiles can be easily applied to any Hercules or OEM dump body on site. Once applied, maintenance of tiles can be done during routine mechanical services. As the Schlam Hex Tile has no stored energy, injury risks during removal and replacement compared to conventional wear plates are significantly reduced.
Hex Tile Benefits
- WEAR PROTECTION WITHOUT THE UNWANTED WEIGHT
- NO STORED ENERGY MAKING MAINTENANCE SAFER
- SUPERIOR WEAR AND ABRASION-RESISTANCE
- LOWER PONT OF FRICTION
- LOWER RISK OF CRUSHER BLOCKAGES
- IMPROVED DUMPING QUALITIES
Hex Tile Features
- LOW-WEIGHT, HIGH WEAR PROTECTION
- EASY TO INSTALL TILE DESIGN
- FLEXIBLE APPLICATION TO SUIT WEAR AREAS
- SUITABLE FOR ANY MAKE OR MODEL OF DUMP BODY
- AVAILABLE IN A VARIETY OF MATERIALS SUCH AS GR450 AND 500TUF